11.5.15

Chillin' at the Ice House

After spending the night at the Ice House Hotel, I couldn't wait to blog about it. I wanted a short quiet break away, with good food and plenty of relaxation and on arrival to Ballina Co.Mayo I knew I had chosen the perfect location. The journey took us longer than expected, so we were glad to hear “you are now approaching your destination...”



On arrival to the Ice House we were mesmerised by the beautiful view of the River Moy stretching right across to the woodlands. The building was modern with aspects of the original 19th century building. 'Contemporary chic meets traditional elegance' a statement I couldn’t agree with more. With a brief welcome at reception we were shown to our room where we were greeted with a picturesque view.



We stayed in a Deluxe room, it was very spacious with a ceiling to floor window with a spectacular view of the River Moy. The room also had a shower and separate bath, as I am normally a shower person; I get very excited when a hotel room has a luxurious bath that I can take advantage of.




Food, my favourite part of any trip...of everyday. We went as far as down the stairs for our dinner at the Ice House restaurant, the restaurant was bright and spacious with a view of the wildlife, the river and the adjacent woodlands. I have to say that the food was delicious, accompanied by Pinot Grigio I didn’t want the meal to end – shout out to the best dessert that I have had in a very long time Almond and Orange Chocolate brownie!



We spent the following morning at the Chill Thermal Spa, what better way to spend your Saturday morning than in a hot tub with a great view? There was a steam room, sauna, outdoor hot tubs and a relaxation room. Relaxing in the hot tub overlooking the river, had to be the highlight of this trip (the hot tub and dessert was almost too close to call).



If you are looking for somewhere in Ireland to indulge, relax and rejuvenate check out Ice House Hotel & Spa. Also check out Living Social for special offers, as this is where I got my offer at the Ice House Hotel & Spa.

Where would you recommend for a short break away?


Bernadette

Follow Me

No comments:

Post a Comment