26.4.15

Not Just a Salad

Recently I have slowly but surely started trying to improve my diet and take up exercising with the overall aim of leading a healthier lifestyle. Working in an office environment all week and spending a lot of time on my laptop at home, I have found it has started to have an effect on my lifestyle. Mainly low energy and a bad appetite. Armed with my ‘To Do’ list I have started my journey to a healthier lifestyle.

Beginning with food, I have a collection of cook books that have been my go to when prepping my week day lunches and dinners. I have recently purchased Deliciously Ella, an inspiring story of Ella Woodward who has transformed her life through her diet. This book in particular focuses on only consuming food that is good for your body; natural plant based, dairy free and gluten free food. I feel that everyone would benefit from incorporating more natural food into their diet, and this is what I am aiming to do. Admittedly this involves me eating a lot of food that I have never heard of, never mind tasted.

I incorporated ingredients from a recipe in "Mary BerryCooks the Perfect - Step by Step” book and tips from Deliciously Ella to prep my lunch for last week and to my surprise it was delicious. I used a lot of ingredients that I have never tried before and I am looking forward to trying a lot more.

Quinoa Salad with Feta, Pomegranate and Fresh Herbs

·         Quinoa
·         Spring Onions
·         Peppadew Peppers
·         Lemon Juice
·         Olive Oil
·         Fresh Coriander
·         Fresh Mint
·         Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley
·         Pomegranate seeds (my new favourite snack)
·         Feta Cheese





Do you have any good food/good lifestyle recommendations?


Bernadette


Follow Me

4 comments:

  1. Hi dear, you have such a lovely blog and great post, did we follow each other already? If not, would you like to follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and INSTAGRAM? if you decided to follow me, PLEASE let me know so I can follow you back.

    My Blog: www.love-joice.com
    My BLOGLOVIN: https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/love-joice-3831938
    www.https://instagram.com/l0vej0ice

    thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for your comment!
      I have followed your blog on Bloglovin' :)

      https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/cosysocks-13790173

      Delete
  2. Loved this recipe and Mary Berry, I have a couple of her cook books, mostly desert based tho! I always like Delia Smith x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for checking out my blog :) Oh the deserts are something else, I feel like I am in the The Great British Bake Off tent when attempting those! I've never really followed Delia Smith, thanks for the recommendation, I will have to check out a few of her books x

    ReplyDelete