18.5.15

Favourite Lipsticks - Spring Edition 2015



(Lipsticks from left to right - NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Iberico, Rimmel – Lasting Finish by Kate Moss - Shade 31, Bourjois Rouge Velvet Edition - 09 Happy Nude Year, L’Oreal Paris – Color Riche Matte  - 640 Erotique, Bourjois Rouge Velvet Edition - 04 Peach Club)

The first things that come to my mind in spring is the fresh flowers, the good weather (the hope of good weather) and the make-up! The seasonal change from dark lips and dark evenings to bright lips, fresh make up and longer evenings puts a smile on my face. I love to experiment with brighter shades of lipstick come spring/summer, using them with my pale skin tone or when I have a bit of a tan. This is a selection of what I have been loving this season.




(Swatches from left to right - L’Oreal Paris – Color Riche Matte - 640 Erotique, Rouge Velvet Edition 04 Peach Club, Rouge Velvet Edition 09 Happy Nude Year, NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Iberico, Rimmel – Lasting Finish by Kate Moss - Shade 31)


I was really impressed by the L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Matte collection. It is available in over 30 shades, but 640 Erotique has to be my favourite. The formula goes on smoothly, leaving your lips moisturised and feeling velvety soft. For a matte lipstick the formula does not dry out the lips and the colour pay off is fab. I can use this lipstick everyday; it’s subtle colour leaves it open to all types of scenarios. I can wear this lipstick to work or in the evening when I want a more subtle look for my lips.


The pattern is now appearing, matte lips are definitely my favourite lip look for spring 2015. I just love the look of dewy flawless skin and a pop of colour on matte lips. I discovered the Bourjois Rouge Velvet Edition Collection this spring, the range of colours are exactly what I go for and Peach Club and Happy Nude Year are two of my favourites. I mentioned Bourjois Rouge Velvet Edition Collection - 09 Happy Nude Year previously here. I find that you can have a more subtle colour with these lipsticks or you can build up the intensity to suit your desired look. For spring I like peach tones on the lips, sometimes I like a more subtle look and more often than not I love a more intense peach lip and I find you can get achieve both looks with 04 Peach Club by building up the product. Although I find this formula to be quite drying on the lips, I find that prepping the lip with a moisturising balm prior to application helps keep the lips soft and moisturised.


I got this lip pencil in the NARS Lip Pencil christmas gift set, and now that it is spring I am loving using it. This product is combination of lip pencil and a lipstick; I find that this helps the colour stay for longer but can become quite drying toward the end. I really like the intense coral colour, with warm undertones and a matte finish. The colour is mostly opaque giving the lips even coverage that stays for hours.


I couldn't resist keeping a trusty red in my favourites list, although I don’t wear it as often as I would have throughout autumn/winter I can’t let it go. Red is my go to colour for the evenings and the Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Collection in shade 31 is my favourite for spring. This pink/red colour works well on a pale completion as well as when I have a slight tan. I adore using this colour to finish of my evening look, this lipstick is moisturising on the lips and as it says in the name it has a long lasting finish.

What are your favourite lipsticks this season?


Bernadette


4 comments:

  1. Really want to try that NARS lipstick! Looks so great!

    xo, mikéla / simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fab! I got them in their Christmas Gift Set last year, but hoping to get myself some more to add to the collection soon!

      Delete
  2. I've been eyeing up the Bourjois Rouge Velvets for ages now, I think it's about time I picked some up! Those two shades you have are gorgeous, as are the other three. I'm definitely into bright-lips in the springtime as well, I've been loving the Maybelline Rebel Bloom Color Sensational in Coral Burst! Thanks for sharing, x Krista

    I'd love it if you'd take a look at my blog if you have the time! xo
    www.lovekrista.com | bloglovin’: Love, Krista

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for checking out my post, oh I would definitely recommend the Bourjois Rouge Velvets there are so many colours to choose from. I will be sure to check out the Maybelline Rebel Bloom Color Sensational in Coral Burst, thanks for your recommendation, I am loving focusing on lip colours this season. Thanks for sharing your blog! x

    ReplyDelete