16.3.15

Let's - Make - Up

After years of an unhealthy obsession with anything and everything make-up related, and with what can only be described as an unnecessarily large make-up collection over half of which was probably past the expiry date, I decided that as part of my goals for 2015 I would complete a professional make-up course to learn professional techniques and tips and tricks of the trade. With being more organised also a priority, I jumped right in, armed with my notepad and make-up brushes and attended Ciara Daly's Foundation Make-Up Course at the beginning of the year.

The class was an intimate group of 12 people from differing career paths and varying level of make-up experience, from beauticians looking to up-skill to beginners starting afresh. This course combined both theory and practical sessions and I found them both equally as fascinating. 
A little about the course content; the course covered Kit Requirements, Tools of Application, Client & Skin Preparation, Make-Up Application Techniques from Concealing and Corrective Camouflage, Evening Glamour, Bridal Make-Up to make-up through the decades.

I absolutely loved this course, my passion for make-up has grown and I have a much clearer understanding of make-up, tools, products and techniques. This understanding of make-up has essentially enabled me to reduce my make-up collection to include only the products I require for my kit and not the free eye-shadow palette I got stuck to my Shout magazine in 2003. My passion and excitement has taken over my free time, from researching the best make-up products for the desired look to experimenting with new looks and techniques. I have been so inspired by the people I have met throughout the course, having a better understanding of the industry locally and nationally and I am so excited to be part of it.

I have shared the photos from my first professional photoshoot as a trained Make-Up Artist, which was so exciting! I chose to do a vintage bridal look, a fresh look with a 1920's vibe.

Model - Caroline Taylor, Photographer - Norwood Photography
Make - Up and Styling by myself.




Products Used;


I will be posting future make-up looks on my blog to keep track of my work, so check back for more looks!


Bernadette 

No comments:

Post a Comment